Monday 13 May 2013

The Adventure begins

Me, the boys, Craig and Rochelle set off just after 6am to get to the airport.  In the excitement of unpacking the car at the airport, I left my phone in the car - the first and pretty much only mistake of the entire trip.

At our departure gate, Cadell went as white as a ghost and was shaking like a leaf.  he had talked himself into being sick on the plane again as he did when we came home from KL when he was 2.  By the time the plane taxied out to the runway he had settled down and being seated by the wing, Mitch was pretty excited too.  As we took off all anxiety was swept away from Cadell and he giggled excitedly as we lifted off.

There were about 9 couples on the plane going to get married in Rarotonga, we were the lucky party of 27 heading on to Aitutaki, and I'm pretty sure the only ones with an awesome wedding cake on board.

When we arrived at Raro the airport staff were trying to push several people through to get on an early flight.  But they wouldn't take Craig and I and the two boys so Scott, Mitchell and I boarded the early flight along with Sacha, Dale, Chris and Marco.

Fortunately our wedding planner happened to be at the airport to take us to our accommodation. It was wonderful to finally meet Annie and also to arrive at Are-tai our amazing accommodation.

Thanks to Scott he managed to settle Mitchell as a few hours later Annie and I set off to the airport again to meet the rest of the wedding party and Craig and I went to the justice department to fill out the wedding paper work.  Lucky Aitutaki is relaxed, because I clean forgot to arrange our birth certificates! 

Saturday; Gene had arranged an awesome day for the boys, they didn't get to have ALL the fun planned but still they all enjoyed swimming with the Giant Trevally at Honeymoon Island, a real treat.

Us girls spent the day at our house, having a few quiet drinks while Mitchy clung to me, and was not interested in anyone else but me and later the Lovely Olivia (thnak goodness for Livi!)  Our poor baby cut a molar before we left, and another while we were there, i suspect the bottom two won't be far away.

Sunday; our boys and I headed for Akitua.  We struck amazing weather there.  Rochelle, Craig, Kurt and a few others tried Stand Up Paddle Boarding, and we had a great lunch at the Flying Boat Bar where our reception would be held.

Which leads to Monday - Wedding day!  Which I will post about at another time because finally all the boys are asleep in the house and I should also sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment